This correspondence pertains to your public records request, dated February 23, 2018. In which you requested the following:
RE: IPRA Request
DOI: September 1, 2017
Case No.: 17-700596
Pursuant to the Inspection of Public Records Act, NMSA 1978, §§ 14-2-1 through 14-2-12, I am hereby requesting the City of Albuquerque and/or Bernalillo County Sheriff's Dept. produce the following “public records,” as that term is defined in Section 14-2-6(E) :
- All reports, supplemental reports, fatality reports, or amended reports regarding the incident on September 1, 2017; Case No.: 17-700596.
- All officer’s handwritten notes, electronic notes, audiotape recordings, lapel camera audio/video, patrol car audio/video, taser camera audio/video regarding the incident on September 1, 2017; Case No.: 17-700596.
- All photos/audios/videos from intersection cameras, and photographs of the scene regarding the incident on September 1, 2017; Case No.: 17-700596.
- All dispatch tapes, 911 calls, and CAD logs for any calls regarding the incident on September 1, 2017; Case No.: 17-700596.
- All recordings of any witness statements - whether at the scene of the accident or at a police station/substation, and copies of handwritten witness statements relating to the incident on September 1, 2017; Case No.: 17-700596.
If this request is deemed excessively burdensome or broad, please contact me to discuss the scope of this request. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
Please call me in advance if there is any charge for production of these records.
MARTINEZ, HART, THOMPSON & SANCHEZ, P.C.
 NMSA 1978, § 14-2-6(E): “public records” means all documents, papers, letters, books, maps, tapes, photographs, recordings and other materials, regardless of physical form or characteristics, that are used, created, received, maintained or held by or on behalf of any public body and relate to public business, whether or not the records are required by law to be created or maintained.
During our search, my unit (APD IPRA) discovered the investigation is being handled by the Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Office. All other material is also with the Bernalillo County Sheriff’s office. For your convenience, I have included the individual to contact at BCSO. The records may be maintained by the Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Office.
Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Department
Stephanee M. Baca
400 Roma NW, 5th Floor
Albuquerque, NM 87102
To expedite your request, it would be advisable for you to write an additional letter requesting the records to the proper custodian at you earliest convenience. I apologize for an inconvenience you have experienced during this request.
Office of the APD Records Custodian
APD Records Custodian/Records Supervisor
400 Roma Avenue NW, Alb., NM 87102
Office (505) 768-2137
Cell (505) 980-4944