Dear Ms. Wilson:
On June 8, 2018, we received your letter in which you include a public records request (#18-3252) for the following records:
- Any and all photographs, video and audio recordings of the incident, in their original format. If there are any items involving a "loop" video recorder, please immediately take the device to a professional video or audio technician.
- Any and all documents related to your business as it relates to this claim, including but not limited to receipts, invoices, bills, letters, facsimiles, e-mails, financial data, bank statements, checks, and other documentation discussing or reflecting such
- Any and all statements recorded by any witness or employee, in any form (whether written down, audio recorded, or notes taken by you or another).
We cannot permit inspection of these records because they are currently exempt from disclosure for the following reasons under the Inspection of Public Records Act: including NMSA 1978, § 14-2-1A)(4) (confidential law enforcement records); and § 14-2-1(A)(8) (otherwise provided by law), including, but not limited to: NMSA 1978, § 32A-4-1 et. seq. (Abuse and Neglect Act); NMSA 1978, § 32A-4-1 et. seq. (Victim’s Rights); and NM Const. Art. II, § 24 (Rights of Crime Victims). I am therefore denying inspection of the records in response to IPRA request #18-3252.
We are releasing information that pertains to the following portion on your request:
- Any and all documentation showing who was on duty on the date of incident (including but not limited to employee log sheets, time cards, payroll checks and stubs, Quickbooks or other electronic data, )
- CAD – released via Next Request
- Responding Officers’ timesheets & paycheck stubs
Please be aware that my office redacted protected personal identifier information contained in the requested records, pursuant to NMSA 1978, § 14-2-1(B).
You may pick up copies of the responsive records at:
SECURITY STATION – 1st FLOOR
Law Enforcement Center
400 Roma Ave. NW
Albuquerque, NM 87102
Please contact (505) 768-2137 etween the hours of 8:00 – 4:30. Provide security with a copy of the attached invoice. Please make payment by cash ($11.00) or billed to your account. Payment may also be made by company check made payable to City of Albuquerque.
You may access your invoice by signing into your NextRequest profile at the following website:
If you have not created a profile, go to the following link:
If you are seeking to inspect the responsive records at no cost, then please contact my office and we will provide more information on the location of that inspection. The inspection may take place either at the aforementioned location, but more likely it will occur at the Office of the City Clerk, located at 600 2nd Street NW, Albuquerque, NM 87102. That office is located on the 7th floor of that building. Please contact the Office of the City Clerk (505) 924-3650 if you have any questions related to the inspection at their office.
My office will close out your request. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Office of the APD Records Custodian
APD Records Custodian/Records Supervisor
400 Roma Avenue NW, Alb., NM 87102
Office (505) 768-2137