On July 25th, 2018, we received your public records request for the following records:
Please consider this my formal request under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). Please produce the following pertaining to the fatal accident on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at approximately 1:30 a.m. on I-40 WB at Coors involving Joey Salazar (decedent).
- Crash report, all supplemental reports, reconstruction reports, inspection reports, measurements, diagrams, drawings and analysis reports. Reports from any other law enforcement agency and emergency response agency that you may have.
- Evidence logs. A list of all physical evidence that has been removed and held in evidence or disposed of by your agency.
- Photographs, audio and video recordings, dashcam videos, lapel videos, surveillance videos and belt tapes. If you have digital photographs, audio or video recordings, I would like to have those duplicated in digital format.
- Recorded statements, written statements and interviews.
- Any and all officer field notes.
- Dispatch recordings and logs, 911 recordings and logs, CADS and call-in logs.
- Correspondence, memos, emails and inter-departmental memos/messages.
- Any and all notes, records, documents (including photos and data recordings), electronically stored materials, or tangible items produced by any investigation, test, experiment, or recreation/reconstruction of the accident.
- Findings by any other parties to include any documentation, field notes and calculations that have been provided to the investigating officer and/or your agency in regard to this accident.
- Any and all inspections/examinations of the vehicles involved. Driver vehicle inspection reports.
- Citations issued and notices of violations.
- Towing records.
We cannot permit inspection of these records because they are exempt from disclosure under IPRA, NMSA 1978, § 14-2-1(A)(4) (confidential law enforcement records); and NMSA 1978, § 14-2-1(A)(8) (otherwise provided by law). If made public the requested records would seriously interfere with the effectiveness of the investigation in this matter. We appreciate your patience during our search and review.
My office will close out your request. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Office of the APD Records Custodian
Acting APD Records Custodian/Records Supervisor
400 Roma Avenue NW, Alb., NM 87102
Office (505) 768-2137
Cell (505) 980-4944