On September 4, 2018, we received your public records request for the following records:
Dear Records Custodian:
Based on information and belief, Joseph Armenta was involved in an incident with his bicycle and an ABQ Ride bus at Isleta Blvd heading northbound from Pajarito Rd SW on 08/29/2018 at or around 4pm. This letter constitutes a request pursuant to the New Mexico Statute Authority Public Records Act (“Public Records Act”) NMSA 1978 § 14-2-1 et. seq. I respectfully request copies of the following information in the custody or control of The City of Albuquerque, APD, ABQ Ride, or any agency or subdivision thereof:
- All writings, including but not limited to police reports and logs, generated that relate to this incident;
- All dispatch and/or CAD records that relate to this incident;
- All taped communications regarding this incident, including but not limited to, any belt tape dictation device recordings;
- All computer records and print-outs regarding this incident;
- All video and audio recordings regarding this incident, including but not limited to, any law enforcement vehicle “dash cam” video recordings, and/or “lapel cam” video recordings;
- All taped and written statements regarding this incident;
- All photographs relating to the incident, including, but not limited to, any accident reconstruction photographs and/or tire mark photographs; and
- Any other records relating to this incident.
- “Real-Time Crime Center” recordings, or any other City of Albuquerque surveillance cameras from the intersection of Isleta Blvd and Pajarito Rd SW in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Please do not duplicate any records that you provided in your response and advise me if this request does not describe all of the documents with sufficient specificity for you to make a reasonable response, and I will attempt to reformulate the request in a manner that meets your requirements. If your agency does not maintain these public records, please forward this request to the designated custodian of the requested records, and notify me of that action, including information required by NMSA 1978, §14-2-8 (E).
If the request encompasses exempt information that your agency does not allow to be released, then please either separate or retain the exempt documents or redact that information from documents that are otherwise non-exempt. If documents are exempt because the documents reveal “law enforcement records that reveal confidential sources, methods, information or individuals accused but not charged with a crime” NMSA 1978 §14-2-1 (A)(4), please specify why the information falls under this exception. See Estate of Romero ex rel. Romero v. City of Santa Fe, 2006-NMSC-028, 139 N. M. 671, 137 P.3d 611.
I request that these documents be provided no later than 15 business days from the day this request is sent. Electronic documents are preferred and may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your agency only has the capacity to produce hard copies, they can be sent to me at the following address: P.O. Box 25391, Albuquerque, NM, 87125. Pursuant to Public Records Law, I agree to pay a reasonable fee for copying the public records. If the charges will exceed $50.00, please telephone me in advance at (505) 225-8778 so that I may review and agree to such charges. I would ask that a receipt indicating the copying charges for each document be provided.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter.
Attorney and Counselor at Law
This communication will confirm APD's completion of your request. We have searched for responsive records and not been able to locate or identify any records. As a result, there are no responsive records related to your request that are maintained by my office. My office will now close your public records request.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
APD Records Custodian/IPRA Supervisor
Office (505) 768-2137
Cell (505) 980-4944