On June 20, 2019, we received your public records request for the following records:
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am requesting a report of outstanding, uncashed, stale-dated checks (warrants) and/or unreconciled payments issued by the City, with regards to payments including, but not limited to, accounts payable, property tax and vendor overpayments, refunds or credits. Understanding this is a fairly broad request, and your bookkeeping department may require specific parameters, such as dates or dollar amounts, please include all items older than 180 days and greater than $100.00 with the check number, payee name, issue date, and amount.
With your response please include:
1. Any instructions or claim forms necessary to have checks re-issued.
2. Does the City remit funds to the State Unclaimed Property Office? If so, after what time period?
3. If you do not remit funds to the State Unclaimed Property Office is there a point where the payee is no longer eligible to claim?
4. How often and when is the report updated and/or released?
5. Your City may maintain separate reports for vendor, accounts payable and property tax information. If you do not have a consolidated list are you aware if multiple reports exist?
Will you refer me to someone that may help fulfill my request for the additional information? We do not intend to use the information to solicit or make any service offerings to an individual. Instead, we intend on using it to assist current, corporate clients as part of an accounts receivable audit. Meaning that if any outstanding check payable to a client or subsidiary company, we will alert them so they may contact your office directly. Electronic files in Excel format sent to my email address are preferred. This information is being requested under the Freedom of Information Act. If you have any questions or need any additional information, do not hesitate to contact me.
Thank you in advance for your assistance with this request.
Harishwar Pasupu Analyst,
Abandoned and Unclaimed Property Ryan 150 South Fifth Street Suite 2500 Minneapolis, Minnesota 55402 972.934.0022 Ext. 51-1302
This communication will confirm our completion of your request. We have searched for responsive records and not been able to locate or identify any records. As a result, there are no responsive records related to your request that are maintained by my office.
My office will now close your public records request.